The Town of Westwood is currently converting all of its Street Lights to LED technology. Converting the system to LED technology will benefit the Town in the following ways:
- Reduction of street light energy consumption by over 60%, with an annual cost savings of over $40,000 based on current rates
- Reduced maintenance costs (10 year warranty-20 year life) of system
- Improved visible lighting levels with built-in internal adjustment controls
- Establishment of RF mesh of "intelligent controls" over the town that allows monitoring of all lights from a central location and a future ability to install remote metering and monitoring of Town facilities.
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- The system will pay for itself in savings over a ten year period