COVID-19 Info & Updates:

Please Click Here for COVID-19 Information & Updates

Until further notice: All Fields (Town or School Property and including the High School and Deerfield Tracks), Playgrounds, Tennis Courts and Basketball Courts are CLOSED

The following public buildings are closed to the public: Town Hall, Public Library, Council on Aging, ICC/Youth & Family Services, Carby Street which includes Public Works, Building Department and Economic Development, Recreation Department including the pool.  

A green drop box is located in front of Town Hall for residents to drop off payments and other correspondence.  

Fuel Assistance Program

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


The Maximum Annual Gross Income for a one-person household is $37,360, and the limit for a two-person household is $48,855.  Please call Karen Segreve at the Westwood Council on Aging at 781-329-8799 if you have any questions about fuel assistance or if you are over-income.

  Please gather all of the following documentation that pertains to you:     

  • Valid Driver's License or State ID Card for head of household

  • Social Security Cards or Birth Certificates for all household members age 18 or older

  • Birth Certificates for children under age 18 and their social security numbers

  • Gas Bill

  • Oil Bill or Receipt

  • Electric Bill

  • Homeowners: 1) Mortgage Bill,  2) Real Estate Tax Bill, And  3) Homeowners Insurance Bill

  • Renters:  1) Renter's Lease And  2) Name, Address, and Phone Number of Landlord

    If have a subsidy, need current dated letter from Housing Authority showing type of subsidy & current rent amount

  • Proof of gross income for all household members age 18 or older for the 30 days prior to date of fuel assistance application.

  • If self-employed, a signed copy of entire federal tax return (Form 4506-T needed if self-prepared)

  • Social Security – Income Verification Letter or Form 1099.  To get a copy call 1-800-772-1213.

  • Pension – Check Stub, Form 1099, or Letter from source

  • Interest or Dividend Income over $100.00 – Form 1099 or Letter from bank

  • IRA Distributions – Check Stub, Form 1099, or Letter from source

  • Rental Income

  • Unemployment – printout showing last 4 weeks of benefits – or Workers’ Compensation

  • Child Support or Alimony  

  • Any other source of income, including financial assistance received from others

  • College students need letter from registrar’s office to confirm full or part-time enrollment

  • All bills and documents should be the most current ones.  We can make copies for you.

    When ALL your documentation are ready, please call Karen (Mon,Tu,Th 8-4 & Fri 8-2) at the Westwood Council on Aging at 781-329-8799 to set up an appointment.


 The fuel assistance program is administered by Self-Help, Inc. (1-508-588-5440). Westwood Council on Aging provides assistance with initial fuel assistance applications. Annual recertification applications are mailed directly to participants from Self-Help, Inc.  The season runs from November 1st to April 30th each year.