Jack Wiggin, Chair
Steve Olanoff, Vice Chair
Sheila Hanley Longval
The Comprehensive Plan, created in 2000, is a visionary document that helps guide decisions in areas such as land use, economic development and transportation. It is not a law or regulation but a guidepost for our future. We are currently undertaking a rewrite of the document to reflect the town’s plans for Westwood’s future. The update effort commenced in 2018 and will continue to early 2020.
- 2/18/20 Update: The Committee is working on final edits to return to the Planning Board a completely updated Comprehensive Plan. The Committee is working towards a goal of spring 2020.
- The Committee hosted two open house office hours for residents to come talk about what's important to be included in the 2020 Comprehensive Plan and we received valuable input. Thank you to everyone that participated! See Flyer.
Monday, February 10 - Noon - 3:00 pm, Council on Aging, 60 Nahatan St.
Thursday, February 13 - 4:00 - 7:00 pm, Library, 660 High St.
- Public Presentations of initial goals commenced on Tuesday, October 22 at 7:00 pm at the Planning Board meeting. Two subject areas at a time will continue to present on November 5, November 19, December 10 and into January. A full schedule is here. Presentations are open to the public and will be open for input and discussion.
Tuesday, October 22 - Community Facilities
Tuesday, November 5 - Open Space & Recreation, Natural & Cultural Resources
Tuesday, November 19 - Transportation, Sustainability & Resiliency
Tuesday, December 10 - Housing, Land Use
Tuesday, January 7 - Town Centers, Economic Development
- A community visioning session was held on May 18 at the Thurston Middle School. Thank you to all that attended and participated! You may watch the video here special thanks to Westwood Media Center! This is a summary of the workshop and a preliminary vision statement with overarching goals & themes is available here. This summary will be based on the survey and vision session only. View the May 18 Presentation Slides.
- The community survey closed on April 17, 2019. Results Available Here.
- Anyone not on the steering committee is invited and encouraged to participate in the public planning process by attending various meetings and events, answering surveys, and providing feedback.
- Sign up to receive email notifications about the Comprehensive Plan and related meetings and events.
- Please sign up to receive all official board and committee meeting notices.
- "Like" us on Facebook
- Work Plan Timeline for 2018-2019
- Frequently Asked Questions for Updating the Comprehensive Plan and Efforts Involved
- Committee Member Description of Duties