Yard Waste 2020 Pickup Weeks
Leaves and yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, small twigs etc) will be picked up 10 weeks throughout the year on your regular trash collection day. The yard waste collection weeks for 2020 are: April 6-10; May 4-8; June 8-12; July-no collection; August- no collection; September 14-18; October 5-9; November 2-6, November 9-13; November 16-20; November 23-28 and 30-December 4.
South Ridge Farm and Nursery: 400 South Street, Walpole, MA 02081 (508) 668-0401. Accepts drop off of organic yard waste, grass, brush, stumps, logs, leaves, hay, sod, fill and stone for a small fee. We recommend calling ahead for more information and pricing.
Yard Waste Collection Requirements:
- Leaves must be placed in paper leaf recycling bags or loosely in barrels that are clearly marked "leaves." Do not put yard waste in your Westwood Recycling or Trash barrel for disposal.
- Each barrel and/or bag shall not exceed 45 pounds. Anything in excess of 45 pounds will not be collected.
- No plastic bags can be collected with yard waste, as they will cause the entire truck load to be rejected at the composting site.
- Place barrels and bags curbside by 7:00 AM on your trash pickup day and Waste Management has until 5:00 PM to pickup
- Missed Pickup! If your leaf bags were out by 7:00 AM on your regular trash day and were not picked up by 6:00 PM please contact the DPW office at (781) 251-2587 or via email within 24 hours and we will schedule a pickup with Waste Management. We cannot schedule yard waste pickups after the scheduled collection week has ended. Thanks for your help!
The Town does not pick up brush, branches, and limbs unless they fall from a public tree. Please call the Westwood Fire Department at (781) 326-3885 for more information on private burn permits.
The Town has compost bins available for resident purchase. Each bin is $40 (cash or check only) and can be purchased at 50 Carby Street, Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.