At the April 21, 2020 Select Board meeting, the Board voted to adopt three local options offered by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that impact timing of the payment of tax bills.
The key changes are:
- Real Estate Tax Bill due date has moved from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020.
- Any bills with a due date after March 10, 2020 are payable before June 30, 2020 with no interest or penalty
- Application deadline for exemptions and deferrals has moved from April 1 to June 1, 2020.
The Board of Assessors is an elected Board of three members, whose mission under Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 59, is to list and value all real and personal property. The Assessor's Office collects, records and analyzes information pertinent to residential, commercial and industrial properties and classify every parcel and make fair and equitable assessments of property values in the Town of Westwood. These values are submitted to the MA Department of Revenue for certification every three years and in between those years, maintain values and make adjustments according to market conditions. The office staff maintains records, documents and liens, answers public inquiries, processes applications for tax exemptions for the elderly, disabled veterans, widows or widowers and the blind; and reviews and processes tax abatements.
Board of Assessors
Mark F. Murphy, Chair
Maureen H. Bleday, Clerk
Christopher J. McKeown, Third Member
FY20 Tax Rates
- Residential - $14.51
- Commercial/Industrial/Personal Property $28.22
For Your Information
- Tax Rate History
- MA Real Estate Exemptions Information
- Westwood's Real Estate Tax Assistance Programs
- Motor Vehicle Excise Information
- Abutter's List Request
- Real Estate Tax Abatement Application
- Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Abatement Application
- State Tax Form 3ABC-Properties Held for Charitable Purposes
- Application for Forest-Agricultural/Horticultural-Recreational Land Classification (Ch. 61, 61A, 61B)