The Westwood Board of Selectmen as the Local Licensing Authority, issues Class I & Class II Auto Dealer Licenses in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 140, Section 58. All auto dealers selling new, used/pre-owned vehicles, must have a license to operate in the Town of Westwood. New Class I & Class II Auto Dealer license applications and annual renewals are processed by the Licensing Division. The Westwood Police Department inspects new establishments and re-inspects establishments annually during the license renewal process.
ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH "VIEWPOINT CLOUD".
Requirements for both Class I & II Auto Dealer's Licenses
- Schedule Police Inspection of Business (officer signs pg. 2 of application)
- Complete Worker’s Compensation Affidavit
- Complete CORI Acknowledgement & Form- For new applications only
- If new license - attend Public Hearing before Licensing Authority
Additional License Requirements for Class II Licenses
- Meet Bond Requirements: Licensees must obtain a surety bond in the amount of $25,000, or certificate of deposit or letter of credit with equal face value. Please have insurance company provide a copy of the bond to the Licensing Division.
- Provide Repair Facility Information: Licensees must maintain or demonstrate access to repair facilities sufficient to enable him/her to satisfy the warranty repair obligations imposed by M.G.L. §7N1/4 of Chapter 90.