ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH "VIEWPOINT CLOUD".
Welcome to the Westwood Board of Health Division
The Board of Health is represented by the Health Division staff located at the municipal office building at 50 Carby Street.
The Board of Health is made up of residents from every walk of life who care about the well being of their community. They are appointed to a term of office and are given the legal authority to set policies and make regulations to protect the public and environmental health. Some of the Board of Health's responsibilities include
- issuing permits and licenses for a wide variety of businesses and activities throughout Westwood
- inspecting all licensed and permitted facilities
- enforcing applicable state and local regulations and statutes
- providing a comprehensive public health nursing service to residents
- investigating all reports of communicable diseases
- providing information and advice regarding environmental health issues
- taking part in regional programs such as mosquito control, tobacco programs and food seminars
Under Massachusetts General Laws, state and local regulations and community direction, Boards of Health are held responsible for disease prevention and control, and health and environmental protection and promoting a healthy community. Boards of Health serve as the local arm of both the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. To fulfill their duties, they develop, implement and enforce health policies, oversee inspections to maintain minimum standards for sanitation in housing and food service, and assure that the basic health needs of their community are being met.
- James O'Sullivan, J.D., Chairperson
- Carol Ahearn, R.N., B.S.N.
- Roger L. Christian, M.D.
Board meetings are generally held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:00 pm in the Carby Municipal Office Building.
The Board does not meet in summer months unless circumstances require it to do so.