COVID-19 Info & Updates:

Please Click Here for COVID-19 Information & Updates

Until further notice: All Fields (Town or School Property and including the High School and Deerfield Tracks), Playgrounds, Tennis Courts and Basketball Courts are CLOSED

The following public buildings are closed to the public: Town Hall, Public Library, Council on Aging, ICC/Youth & Family Services, Carby Street which includes Public Works, Building Department and Economic Development, Recreation Department including the pool.  

A green drop box is located in front of Town Hall for residents to drop off payments and other correspondence.  

Information on Solid Fuel Burning Appliances

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Items such as wood stoves, pellet stoves, coal stoves, corn and shell burning pellet stoves, wood-fired boilers, factory built fireplaces and other similar type heating sources fall under the umbrella of "Solid Fuel Burning Appliances". These require their own Building Permit, even if being installed in a permitted addition or new building, and require separate inspections. There are detailed requirements in the Massachusetts State Building Code regarding such devices, which go hand in hand with the manufacturers requirements to ensure these items are properly installed. Remember, by installing a solid fuel burning appliance, you are bringing FIRE INSIDE THE BUILDING ; safety is imperative. Permit applications for Solid Fuel Burning Appliances can be found on the Building Departments Permit Applications page, and more information can be found here, from the Massachusetts Department of Fire Services.