COVID-19 Info & Updates:

Please Click Here for COVID-19 Information & Updates

Until further notice: All Fields (Town or School Property and including the High School and Deerfield Tracks), Playgrounds, Tennis Courts and Basketball Courts are CLOSED

The following public buildings are closed to the public: Town Hall, Public Library, Council on Aging, ICC/Youth & Family Services, Carby Street which includes Public Works, Building Department and Economic Development, Recreation Department including the pool.  

A green drop box is located in front of Town Hall for residents to drop off payments and other correspondence.  

Commercial Construction FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Commercial Construction

    • How much notice is required when requesting an inspection?

    • How is a request for inspection made?

    • Is a Certificate of Occupancy always issued?

    • How long after an application for Permit is submitted will a Permit be issued?

    • When should the Permit Fee be paid?

    • Does someone have to be at the project site during a Building Department inspection?

    • Can work begin once the Permit application is submitted?

    • How much notice is required when requesting an inspection?

    • Will I be notified when the Building Permit is ready to be issued, or should I call to find out the status?

    • If I disagree with the decision of the Building Inspector or Building Commissioner, what can I do?

    • What is the "Stretch Code"?

    • If a project falls under the umbrella of Construction Control, does the Building Department still have to perform inspections?

    • I am a design professional not registered in Massachusetts. Can I provide services for a project in Westwood?

    • Does a Building Permit cover all the work on a project? Are separate plumbing, electrical, mechanical, etc. permits required?

    • How and when is a project issued a Certificate of Occupancy?

    • What is the penalty for working without a Building or Trade Permit when one is required?

    • What if something is not covered in the Building Code?

    • How does one apply for a Building Permit?

    • Is a permit required to perform demolition work?

    • What is "Construction Control"?