ALL PERMIT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH "VIEWPOINT CLOUD".
Welcome to the Town of Westwood Building Department
The Building Department is responsible for issuing building, electrical, plumbing, gas, sprinkler, and mechanical permits for new construction, repairs, renovations, and demolition, reviewing plans for compliance with the State Building Code and the Zoning Bylaw of the Town of Westwood, as well as issuing Certificates of Occupancy. The department responds to calls and complaints, and conducts periodic inspections of public buildings as required by State Code.
Important Information from the Building Department:
- Please be aware that Building Department permit fees have changed as of July 1, 2017
- Please note that as of August 1, 2016, plan sheets over 24" x 36" will no longer be accepted.
- Please contact the office via phone to schedule inspections; do not contact individual inspectors.
- Building Permit Processing can take up to 30 days.
- Inspections will be scheduled within 24-48 hours of request.
- 2015 International Residential Code with Massachusetts amendments
- 2015 International Building Code with Massachusetts amendments
- 2015 International Existing Building Code with Massachusetts amendments
- 2015 International Energy Code with Massachusetts amendments (Stretch Code)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 521 CMR Architectural Access Board
- 248 CMR Plumbing & Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 70 Electrical Code with Massachusetts amendments
- 271 CMR Sheet Metal Code
- NFPA 13 Sprinkler
- NFPA Fire Alarms
- 524 CMR Elevators
- 527 CMR Massachusetts Fire Prevention Regulations