Tips For Safe Shopping During COVID-19 Pandemic
Post Date:04/06/2020 4:00 PM
Return to full list >>
Tips for Safe Shopping During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wear a mask when shopping for essentials, especially where 6-feet of separation cannot be maintained
- Watch what you touch: disinfect cart and basket handles with disinfectant wipes before use. If possible, bring your own in the event the store does not have any
- Social Distancing: Stay 6-feet away from others, even in the checkout line
- Personal Hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Sharing is Caring: Stockpiling can mean someone may not be able to buy what they desperately need, please do not hoard supplies
- If hand washing is not available, use an alcohol based sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol)
When You Get Home
- Wash nonporous containers. (The FDA says there's no current evidence to support the transmission of the virus from food packaging. But if you're concerned, it can't hurt to wipe down non-porous containers like glass or cans with disinfectant wipes.)
- Wash your hands, counter, and other surfaces you’ve touched. Do this after you've put away the groceries.
- Wash produce.
Information provided by: Westwood Board of Health