See update below from Waste Management on the Temporary closing of their residential call centers:
What does this mean for Westwood Residents:
- At this time, there is no impact to the scheduled residential collection service due to the temporary closing of Waste Management residential call centers.
- Any single item request for bulk or white good pickup will be suspended starting March 18th.
- BUT, this does not include the Westwood Bulk Collection Event for one item per residential home scheduled for the week of March 23rd. This event for Westwood is still on as scheduled.
Update from Waste Management
Based on the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and federal, state and local agencies, Waste Management is taking necessary steps in response to social distancing recommendations, potential mitigation activity, and declared local states of emergency.
- Effective March 18, 2020, Waste Management is temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible.
- At this time, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service.
- For the most up-to-date service information, please encourage residents to visit wm.com/alerts.
- The COVID-19 situation is evolving daily. As circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide updates to our customers and communities.