Meeting Packet Link
Call to Order: 7:00 pm
The meeting will be filmed by Westwood Media Center. Chair will explain meeting procedures.
3/16/20 Update: The Carby Street Municipal Building will be open to the public, with restrictions, during the March 17th Planning Board meeting. A maximum of 25 persons, including board members, Westwood Media Center employees and town staff, will be permitted to enter the building. Anyone who wishes to participate remotely may do so.
The Planning Board meeting will be filmed and streamed live by Westwood Media Center. The meeting will be viewable on the local television station and live on Westwood Media Center’s YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClveQRnENKU93QOcYq49_4Q
The Planning Board meeting will be operated in accordance with the Governor’s temporary directives related to the Open Meeting Law (copy available here).
During the public comment period for each item, the Chair will ask for public questions and comments. Interested parties, who wish to speak, may call into the meeting by dialing 781-251-2581 when directed to do so by the Chair. Only one caller will be allowed to participate at a time. (If you call this number and receive a voicemail response, that means that there is another caller on the line. In this case, you will have to hang up and call back when the line is free.)
- You are sick, or
- Have been quarantined, or
- Have self-quarantined, or
- May have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 per the CDC, or
- May have been exposed to someone who has tested presumptive positive through a local Board of Health, or
- May have been exposed to someone who is awaiting the results of the COVID-19 test, has been quarantined by MADPH/Local Board of Health, and/or has self-quarantined,
Then you MAY NOT ENTER THE BUILDING.
In this case, if you wish to participate in the Planning Board meeting, you must participate remotely.
If you attend the Planning Board meeting in person, please maintain a minimum of six (6) ft. between yourself and others for proper social distancing.
1. Brigham and Women’s Phase II, 100 Brigham Way - University Station Consistency Review Phase II of Brigham and Women's for a four-story addition and parking garage as originally approved in the Project Development Review granted May 2017. View the 2017 material here.
2. 230 High Street - Limited Environmental Impact and Design Review (EIDR)* & Earth Material Movement (EMM)* Public Hearing. Toward Independent Living and Learning, Inc. (TILL) proposal to construct a group home single-family residence for individuals with Acquired Brain Injuries and intellectual disabilities. Project also involves import of more than 200 cubic yards of earth material for re-grading for the new construction.
3. 72 Reservoir Road Earth Material Movement (EMM)* Public Hearing - Applicant has submitted an earth material movement application for the amount of fill imported and grading changes during recent construction of new single family residence.
Public Hearing Notice 72 Reservoir Road
4. 35 Winter St. Earth Material Movement (EMM)* Public Hearing- Applicant proposes to import more than 600 cubic yards of fill during construction of new single family residence.
Public Hearing Notice 35 Winter Street
5. Zoning Amendment Public Hearing - Hearing continued form 2/25 and 3/2. The Board will discuss follow up and any updates from previous hearings related to the proposed zoning articles.
Select Board Article - Medical Uses article keeps the definitions for "Office of Health Care professional" and "Medical Centers or Clinics" and adds Medical Center or Clinic to the Table of Uses Section 4.1.
Planning Board Article - Renting of Rooms by resident property owner. Adds new definitions for short-term rentals (5-29 days), and long-term (30 or more days), and prohibit renting of rooms for fewer than 5 days.
Planning Board Article - Adds sentence to clarify prohibitive language for uses not mentioned.
Planning board Article - Prohibit Fire Arms/Explosives Sales in Local Business B & Local Business A zoning districts so that the uses is only allowed in Highway Business and Industrial zones by special permit.
6. Open Space and Recreation Plan (OSRP), Continued Public Hearing - The OSRP was conditionally approved in July 2019. Requests for further revisions from MA DCR. -Request further continuance
7. Approval Not Required (ANR) Plan for 470, 480, 490 East Street - Proposed Morrison Park & Recreation parcel plan associated with Town Meeting Article 97 Assessor's Map 23, Lot 216 for park land protection.
Approval of Minutes
Open Meeting Law complaint filed by David Atkins and separate complaint filed by Christopher Pfaff, both filed on February 5, 2020. Review draft letter regarding open meeting law complaints, finalize the draft letter, and possible vote to approve and send Planing Board response letter.
*EIDR = Environmental Impact and Design Review, pursuant to Section 7.3 of the Zoning Bylaw
*EMM= Earth Material Movement, pursuant to Section 7.1 of Zoning Bylaw
Note: Agenda Items and Order is subject to change. The end time is an estimate and may end earlier or later than estimated.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW REVISED MEETING NOTICE:3/16/2020