Youth & Family Services
Supporting the Healthy Growth of Westwood Children and their Families
Westwood High School
Danielle Sutton, M.S.W., LICSW
Joanna Bengel, M.S.W., LICSW
Youth Services Counselor
Westwood Youth & Family Services has been supporting and advocating for the children and families in our community since 1986. Formerly known as the Westwood Youth Commission, we are a municipally funded agency providing clinical and supportive services designed to foster the healthy growth of children ages 4-18. Westwood Youth & Family Services works in close collaboration with town agencies, the Westwood Public Schools, and other community based non-profit groups.
Parents and children often contact us because of school-related behavior or academic issues, peer and social problems, child and parent conflict, or other behavior problems associated with normal child and family development. However, we offer a wide range of services that are free to Westwood residents and confidential.
• Short term Individual, Group and Family Counseling
• Parent Education and Child Guidance
• Crisis Support
• Consultation and clinical referrals regarding mental health issues and help accessing social services.
Community Development Programs
• The Mentor Program - Community Service Programs to link 9th-12th grade volunteers with elementary and
middle school aged children
• Body Safety Theater
• Bullying Prevention Theater
• Friends' Network
• Teen Center at Thurston Middle School
• Thurston Thursday Club
• Single Parents Groups
• Parenting Workshops
• Structured Play Groups - Developing social skills, social competency and self-esteem in children K-5.
• Girls Only Groups - Developing social skills, social competency and self-esteem in girls 4th-6th grade.
• Recognize A Youth Program (RAY)
• Holiday Giving Program