Weekly DPW Activity Update
Category : Public Works
Department / Board / Committee : DPW
Type : General
The Department of Public Works operates and maintains your streets, drainage system, sewer collection system, fields, grounds, cemetery, water quality, trash collection and disposal, recycling collection, public facilities and provides snow removal to provide our residents with the quality of life that they deserve. I
In addition to DPW normal activities you may see the following work the week of January 9 2012:
· Roadside brush will continue to be cleared along main roads for safety of travel.
· Tree limbs that are falling and could cause dangerous conditions and travel problems during the winter will continue to be proactively removed with a bucket truck as time allows.
· January 9th marks the beginning of Christmas Tree pickup, which will continue for 2 weeks. Trees will be picked up on or following your normal trash schedule. This collection is performed in-house.
Winter appears to be on its way. The following items are very helpful to the DPW:
· Please do not park on the street during winter storms.
· Remove all portable basketball and sports apparatus off streets.
· It is very helpful if you put up markers along your property line to assist us in preventing any lawn damage.
· If you have a private contractor removing snow on your property make sure they do not deposit it in the public way.
· Check the town website for any snow updates.
If you have any comments or would like to report items to the DPW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-326-8661.