2017 ANNUAL TOWN ELECTION INFORMATION
The Annual Town Election will be held on Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Nomination papers will be available on Tuesday, January 17, 2016 for those registered Westwood voters who wish to run for Town positions.
The following elected offices will appear on the Ballot:
- Board of Assessors - 1 Seat - 3 Year Term
- Collector of Taxes-1 Seat-3 Year Term
- Library Trustee - 2 Seats - 3 Year Terms
- Moderator - 1 Seat - 1 Year Term
- Planning Board - 1 Seats - 3 Year Term
- School Committee - 2 Seats -3 Year Terms
- Selectman - 1 Seat - 3 Year Term
- Sewer Commission - 1 Seat - 3 Year Term
Important dates for candidates to remember:
Tuesday, January 17, 2017-Nomination papers available in the Town Clerk’s office.
Friday, March 3, 2017, 5:00 p.m.-Last day to obtain nomination papers. (MGL.ch.53§.9A)
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 5:00 p.m.-Last day to submit nomination papers to Registrars of Voters for certification.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 5:00 p.m.-Last day to file nomination papers with the Town Clerk
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 5:00 p.m.-Last day to object or withdraw nomination papers.
Wednesday, April 5, 2017- Last day to register voters for Town Election and Town Meeting.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017-Annual Town Election, 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Monday, May 1, 2017-Annual Town Meeting