Category : Public Safety
Department / Board / Committee : Board of Health
Type : General
To All Westwood Residents:
It is time to prepare for stormy weather. The Health Department would like to remind residents that if weather conditions warrant it, the Emergency Management Team will notify residents that the Town’s Shelter has been opened. The Shelter is located at the Westwood High School gymnasium. Please review the following information so you and your family will be prepared to stay at the shelter.
Please DO bring the following items:
- A pillow, a sleeping bag or blanket-cots will be provided
- Personal toiletries and a bath towel
- Medication for you and your family members; inform shelter staff of any medical conditions
- Flashlight and a phone charger
- Books, magazines, playing cards, games, coloring books and crayons, and quiet toys to pass the time
Please DO NOT bring the following items:
- Alcohol, illegal drugs or firearms
- Pets-There are no provisions at this time
Please note: Smoking is not allowed in the shelter or on school property; everyone is required to register in order to stay at the shelter so please bring an ID. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Remember; please do not come to the shelter unless you are notified that it has opened. For more information please visit the Town of Westwood website at www.townhall.westwood.ma.us