The Sewer Department, a division of the Public Works Department, provides the administration, planning, construction, and related services for the operation, maintenance, and expansion of the sanitary sewerage system. The Sewer Commission oversees the maintenance and operation of the Sewer Department. The Sewer Department is responsible for the following:
- operation and maintenance of approximately 87 miles of gravity sewers and ten pumping stations
- billing for 4,988 sewer customers
- administer State Mandated T.V. and Cleaning
- inspect the installation of sewer services and add record drawings of services to our files
- administer repairs and upgrades to sewer pumping stations
- administer through review of T.V. work, the repairs of sewer mains
- review and comment on subdivision plans
- provide customers with consultation as to the feasibility of connecting to the sewer system
- plan for future maintenance of the sewer system and upgrades to the sewer pumping stations
Public Works Department
50 Carby Street
Westwood, MA 02090
Feel free to contact us at:
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
James M. Connors, Chairman
Francis MacPherson, Clerk
Anthony J. Antonellis, Third Member
The Town of Westwood offers the residents a “Second Meter” program. The Watering Device shall be provided by the applicant and remain the property of the owner. A Plumbing Permit must be obtained at the Building Department prior to proceeding with installation. Application for the “Second Meter” Program shall be filed with the Westwood Sewer Department and all meters must be registered with the Sewer Department prior to their initial use. All “Second Meter” devices must be properly sealed and tagged at all times in order to be an active meter. “Second Meter” readings will take place in the late summer and/or in the fall and credits will be made to the sewer usage based on these readings and reflected on your December and March sewer bills.
If you have any questions regarding the “Second Meter” Program please call the Sewer Department at 781.251.2589.
Permit Fees & Policies:
See the Forms & Publications section for the most recent information regarding Sewer Department Fees & Policies.
Please Note: Final Sewer Usage Bills will only be processed between the hours of 8 AM and 12 PM, Monday through Friday. An appointment is necessary and must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance.