Trash and Recycling
New for 2016- Household Bulk Item Collection Event!
- Week of October 3rd, 2016
- Click here for more information and for what items will be accepted
- Remember only ONE item per household will be picked up!
Trash and Recycling Information- UPDATE 11/16/15
- Additonal Barrel Requests: We will no longer be accepting requests for additional trash or recycling barrels. If you have overflow trash, please consider purchasing the Town of Westwood overflow bags available at Roche Brothers or Walgreens (Route 109) . Bags are 5 for $10.
- Damaged or Lost Barrels? The barrels provided are the property of the Town of Westwood and will be repaired or replaced if the damage is from the trash contractor. If the barrel is damaged as a result of neglect, or if the cart is missing or lost, the resident will be responsible for the replacement cost. If you are moving, you must leave the barrels for the new homeowner. Please call the DPW office at 781-251-2587 for additional information.
- Waste Management picks up trash every week.
- Recycling is picked up every other week, on a designated blue or green week. Each recycling barrel has either a blue top (blue week) or a green top (green week). Refer to the calendar above for your scheduled week. Please call 781-251-2587 if you are unsure of your recycling week.