Trash and Recycling
Trash and Recycling Updates:
Christmas Tree pickup: The Department of Public Works will be picking up trees weekdays from December 27th through January 20th (no pickup on 1/2/17). Please remove any tinsel, tree bags, garland and ornaments. Trees must be placed at your curbside by 7:00 am on you regular trash day. There could be delays due to weather and high volumes. If your tree was out and we missed it, please call 781-251-2587.
- Remember only ONE item per household will be picked up!
- Item will be picked up on your regular trash day, and item must be out by 7:00am. We cannot return for items put out late.
- No Appliances, televisions, electronics or computer monitors
- No treadmills, elliptical machines or basketball hoops
- No metal items
Trash and Recycling Information- UPDATE 11/16/15
- Additonal Barrel Requests: We will no longer be accepting requests for additional trash or recycling barrels. If you have overflow trash, please consider purchasing the Town of Westwood overflow bags available at Roche Brothers ,Walgreens (Route 109), or the DPW Office (50 Carby Street- during regular business hours). Bags are 5 for $10.
- Damaged or Lost Barrels? The barrels provided are the property of the Town of Westwood and will be repaired or replaced if the damage is from the trash contractor. If the barrel is damaged as a result of neglect, or if the cart is missing or lost, the resident will be responsible for the replacement cost. If you are moving, you must leave the barrels for the new homeowner. Please call the DPW office at 781-251-2587 for additional information.
- Waste Management picks up trash every week.
- Recycling is picked up every other week, on a designated blue or green week. Each recycling barrel has either a blue top (blue week) or a green top (green week). Refer to the calendar above for your scheduled week. Please call 781-251-2587 if you are unsure of your recycling week.