Next Yard Waste Week- week of November 6-10, November 13-17, November 20-24 and November 27-December 1.
Trash and Recycling Calendar: April 2017-March 2018
Yard Waste Information
Trash and Recycling Information
- Moving? If you are moving, you must leave the barrels for the new homeowner. If the barrels are missing, a replacement cost for new barrels will be charged either to the current owner or the new homeowner.
- Additional Barrel Requests: We will no longer be accepting requests for additional trash or recycling barrels. If you have overflow trash, please consider purchasing the Town of Westwood overflow bags available at Roche Brothers or Walgreens (Route 109). Overflow bags can also be purchased at the DPW Office (50 Carby Street), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Bags are 5 for $10.
- Damaged or Lost Barrels? The barrels provided are the property of the Town of Westwood and will be repaired or replaced if the damage is from the trash contractor. If the barrel is damaged as a result of neglect, or if the cart is missing or stolen, the resident will be responsible for the replacement cost. Please call the DPW office at 781-251-2587 for additional information.
- Trash Pickup- Waste Management picks up trash every week.
- Recycling Pickup- Recycling is picked up every other week, on a designated blue or green week. Each recycling barrel has either a blue top (blue week) or a green top (green week). Please call 781-251-2587 if you are unsure of your recycling week.