My Town
Close Panel

Mass Crash Report

Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Report

If you are involved in a motor vehicle crash where there is more than $1000 damage or someone is injured, you are required to file a report. The report needs to go to  with the police department where the crash took place, the registry of motor vehicles, and your insurance company. The form should be completed within 7 days of the crash.

The form is used state wide. A prudent way to complete them is to do one good copy and make copies. Each form should have an original signature.

Your insurance company may have additional forms they would like you to fill out.

Crashes that happen in Westwood may be mailed to us or dropped off in person at

Westwood Police Department
588 High Street
Westwood MA 02090

We do not accept faxed crash reports.

Crashes on the Route 95 are covered by the Massachusetts State Police Framingham Barracks. Those reports should be sent to:

Massachusetts State Police Crash Reports
450 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01702

You should keep a copy of your filled out crash report.

If the police responded to your crash, your insurance company should request a copy of the police report. You can also request a copy by clicking on this sentence.